Re: dnsmasq does not start + no xapi interface -- how to solve this problem

Check rabbitmqctl list_queues and see if there are queues that have nonzero entries. That means messages are being sent but not picked up by the nodes. If the nova-networks are hanging they are probably stuck waiting on a lock files. I believe the lock files are in /var/lock/nova by default. You could try deleting them and restarting nova-network.

Vish