New build dependency on keyring

Greetings all!

I'm look into using keyring as a way to (optionally) remove clear text passwords from the various config files. (See https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/pw-keyrings for details.)

One of the comments I got back is that I should have the oslo build dependency on keyring be optional until a consensus is reached that it's okay to add it. I see that keystoneclient is already doing an "import keyring" and catching the exception if it's not there. I can certainly do something similar, but it seems like it would simplify things if we did just have keyring as a regular hard dependency. You don't have to use it, but it's there if you want it.

So, is this the proper forum to bring this up?

And if so, can we start the ball rolling to get a decision on getting that dependency approved?

Thanks,

Ken

Follow ups