Re: Live migration problem in OpenStack ESSEX

hi:

If you want to use live migration, you need a shared storage, for your environment, NFS make be the best choice, simple and enough, keep the instances data stored in the space, that means, instance data should have the same absolute path between the migration machines, the start and destination machine must have nfs mounted.

Second, you need some modifications to libvirt conf:

    - vim /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf

--  #listen_tls = 0
++  listen_tls = 0

--  #listen_tcp = 1
++  listen_tcp = 1

++  auth_tcp = "none"

 *
   vim /etc/init/libvirt-bin.conf

--  env libvirtd_opts="-d"
++  env libvirtd_opts="-d -l"

 *
   vim /etc/default/libvirt-bin

--  libvirtd_opts=" -d"
++  libvirtd_opts=" -d -l"

then you must restart libvirt, ensure:

# stop libvirt-bin && start libvirt-bin

# ps -ef | grep libvirt
root 1145 1 0 Nov27 ? 00:00:03 /usr/sbin/libvirtd -d -l

That's all for live migration, good luck.

By the way, if you have problems with live migration, you can try nova block migration, that doesn't need
NFS configuration. type "nova help live-migration" for details.

Thanks.