Re: How to Solve InfinitBand Adaptor Driver under Ubuntu 12.04?

We're using IB (QDR connectX and connectX2) on our system. It turns
out that the drivers included in version 3.2 of the linux kernel are
fine. I've built a ppa for updated management tools though; all of
those bits are ancient in precise. The ppa is here:
http://launchpad.net/~narayan-desai/+archive/infiniband

One word of warning; you'll only be able to use IPOIB for connectivity
between the hypervisor nodes and the openstack service nodes; getting
to VMs requires full ethernet compatibility, which IPOIB doesn't
provide. You will be able to use the IPOIB for fast image transfers
and really fast volume storage if you have it. Turning on iSER helps a
lot with volume bandwidth, but requires a patch to nova compute.
 -nld