Re: openstack folsom node compute status XXX

You have node1 listed in the nova-manage output, but you do not mention it
in your setup.

Did you possibly first try to join the node with that host name, fail, and
then try again with the node2 name, or is that another node? If not another
node, perhaps you have stale db entries causing problems?