can not fetch metadata even curl port 8775

Hi,

  I am right trying to set up the metadata service.
  But I met some problem: I could not fetch metadata directly using curl.
 netstat can verify that 'nova-api' is listening on the port 8775. However,
curl "<nova-api-host>:8775" produce 404 error. Does anyone meet such
problems before?
  An addition question related is that I didn't see any iptables rules
added . I wonder whether should I add this manually? If so, where should it
go?

My arch is: one control node with nova-api, nova-network and other
services. Two compute nodes using Xenserver, with nova-compute,
nova-api-metadata, nova-volume, and nova-network running in a PV-guest.
My related configurations are:

osapi_compute_extension=nova.api.openstack.compute.contrib.standard_extensions
ec2_dmz_host=192.168.99.1
s3_host=192.168.99.1
multi_host=True
cc_host=192.168.99.1
ec2_host=192.168.99.1
nova_url=http://192.168.99.1:8774/v1.1/
ec2_url=http://192.168.99.1:8773/services/Cloud
keystone_ec2_url=http://192.168.99.1:5000/v2.0/ec2tokens
api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
allow_admin_api=true
use_deprecated_auth=false
ec2_private_dns_show_ip=True
dmz_cidr=169.254.169.254/32