Re: Cannot reach external IPs

On 12/29/2012 06:16 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Hi,
I've successfully setup a single machine openstack environment including
quantum with a provider router configuration (openvswitch). The Problem is
that I cannot reach the internet from the VMs.

The reason apparently is that the default quantum network type is "local"
which doesn't allow that. I tried switching this to "flat" but when I try
to create a provider network for the tenant I get:

[dennis@localhost ~]$ quantum net-create --tenant-id
fcd3e4ddcf264bd39bce043bea12aaf0 net1 --provider:network_type flat
--provider:physical_network physnet1

Invalid input for operation: unknown provider:physical_network physnet1.

Can you please take a look at http://wiki.openstack.org/ConfigureOpenvswitch
Thanks
Gary

In the ovs plugin ini I put "bridge_mappings = physnet1:br-ex" and the
br-ex bridge exists and has the physical port as a member.

According to this documentation a network type of "flat" should be possible?
http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-network/admin/content/provider_attributes.html

Regards,
   Dennis