[OpenStack][Cinder] ISCSITargetCreateFailed: Failed to create iscsi target for volume

Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting Cinder to create volumes. I'm using a single
install of OpenStack Folsom on Ubuntu 12.04 and a lvm volume with 40 GB
labeled cinder-volumes.

# Output from vgs:
  VG             #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize  VFree
  cinder-volumes   1   0   0 wz--n- 45.69g 45.69g

Every time I try to create a volume I get the error
"ISCSITargetCreateFailed: Failed to create iscsi target for volume". I've
already tried following suggestions from this topic [1], but it doesn't
make any diference.

One thing I do notice is, even though the volume creation ended in error,
the equivalent space is used in the lvm volume. For instance, after the
error operation on the creation of a 1GB volume, vgs reports the following:

 VG             #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize  VFree
  cinder-volumes   1   1   0 wz--n- 45.69g 44.69g

As you can see, 1GB has been allocated.

Below you can find my configuration files.

# /etc/tgt/targets.conf:
include /etc/tgt/conf.d/cinder_tgt.conf
include /etc/tgt/conf.d/cinder.conf
include /etc/tgt/conf.d/nova_tgt.conf
default-driver iscsi

# /etc/tgt/conf.d/cinder_tgt.conf
nclude /var/lib/cinder/volumes/*

# /etc/tgt/conf.d/cinder.conf
include  /var/lib/cinder/volumes/*

# /etc/tgt/conf.d/nova_tgt.conf
include /etc/nova/volumes/

#volume config in nova.conf
volume_group=cinder-volumes
volume_name_template=volume-%08x
iscsi_helper=tgtadm
iscsi_ip_prefix=192.168.111.218
volume_api_class=nova.volume.cinder.API

Any ideas in regards to what might be wrong?

Regards,

Leander

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1057904

Follow ups