Re: VLAN with OpenVswitch and Quantum

On Thursday, January 3, 2013, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:

> Hi Anne!
>
>  I'll not give it up.
>
>  I'm trying a very close guide, this one:
> https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/blob/stable/GRE/OpenStack_Folsom_Install_Guide_WebVersion.rst
>
>  After that, I'll try it again the basic_install and, if it works, I'll
> report in details my setup.
>
>  Sorry if I'm being rude...

No, I don't see all your discussion points as rude, but I was surprised
that after you offer to help then you tell others to not use the doc. Only
recently was Quantum added to the Basic doc, so there is a big need to
decipher what is causing your problems so we can improve the doc for more
people.

I want to focus efforts as much as possible and the Basic Guide is fairly
new to the repo. As you work through other guides, realize there are
commonalities and they have influenced each other as they have been
developed and tested. It is best for you to gain understanding through
writing and improving rather than hopping guide to guide. I'm certain we
can get you there, and you're using the channels correctly, I just want to
be sure to close the loop properly by improving the Basic Guide. Glad you
won't give up! :)

Thanks - Anne

Thanks!