Re: Openstack Version (Essex or Folsom)

Just a note on this. I recently added functionality in Grizzly that will allow specified non-admin users to use this functionality.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1070880

Not useful for non-admins in Folsom I'm afraid but, the functionality should work for the admin context.

From: openstack-bounces+dave.mcnally=hp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+dave.mcnally=hp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathanael Burton
Sent: 06 January 2013 18:41
To: Umar Draz
Cc: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Openstack Version (Essex or Folsom)

By default, this requires the admin role to launch instances on specific hosts.

Nate
On Jan 6, 2013 1:24 PM, "Umar Draz" <unix.co@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:unix.co@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi

1) How I can check which Release of Openstack I am using.
2) I want to boot instance on specific compute-node using this command
    nova boot --image <uuid> --flavor m1.tiny --key_name mykey --availability-zone nova:server2

    but its not working. What is the correct way to do this?

Best Regards,

Umar