Re: Question about Disk Setup of Nova Compute Node

Razique,

Let's think of the following scenario, we use Nova to build an EC2-kind of
compute cluster. For EC2, they offer

M1.Small = 1 vCPU + 1.7GB Mem + 160GB Disk
M1.Medium = 2vCPU + 3.75GB Mem + 410GB Disk
M1.Large = 4vCPU + 7.5GB Mem + 850GB Disk
M1.ExtraLarge = 8.vCPU + 15GB Mem + 1.7TB Dsik

This means that they at least have 1.7TB disk space on a physical server
(presumably 2 x 1TB disk).

What RAID option  would we use in designing our cluster? For our Nova
compute nodes,

-- Do we have a JBOD configuration of 2 disks?
-- do we have a RAID 0 of 2 disks?
-- or do we use more enterprise like RAID 5?

Thanks and hopefully this starts some discussion in this direction.

Thanks,
Sean

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Razique Mahroua <razique.mahroua@xxxxxxxxx