Re: [openstack-community] Calling all user group and meetup organizers

2013/1/15 Bruce Lok <brucelok@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Hi,****
>
> I am sorry that I may not able to join the meeting but the Hong Kong
> OpenStack User Group and Hong Kong Cyberport will be updating you any
> information if necessary.****
>
> ** **
>
> May I have a bit comment on the following agenda:****
>
> ** **
>
> *Can the Foundation start working with some Universities for meeting
> space, sponsorship, and student participation? Is the Foundation interested
> in Phd thesis sponsorship*
>
> I strongly agree on this point, since there is getting more university
> students and researchers who starts to explore the open source cloud
> softwares as most commercial cloud softwares/services on market are really
> expensive for them to get start.   Also, university students and
> researchers are usually more sincere to explore the open source software
> because it is free and cloud computing is quite new for them.  And this is
> a good starting point to educate them to contribute to open source stuffs
> rather than just using it as freeware.****
>
> **

+1

> **
>
> *Should there be an OpenStack user group and/or meetup approval process?
> How do we clean up user groups and meetups that are abandoned? *
>
> I think there must be have an official central coordinator to manage all
> the user groups.****
>
> **

One more thing that I think would be discussed <app:ds:discuss> is that ,we
have a lot of community events last year,but didn't use meetup.com online
services,due to the problems such as user habits.Can you give some
advice?Or accept our own style as a user group meetup way?

--
--Ben

OSI Individual Member
OpenStack Foundation Board Member
Co-founder and Leader of China OpenStack User Group( COSUG )

Mobile:  +86 15921531026
WEIBO: http://weibo.com/u/1716287123<http://www.weibo.com/u/1716287123?from=profile&wvr=4&loc=infweihao>
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ben_Duyujie
LINKEDIN: cn.linkedin.com/in/duyujie