Re: swift-proxy: access log not working

Yep, you have to configure the proxy logging middleware like this, and if
youre logging local you dont need to use the udp logging, you can log
locally like this

[DEFAULT] section should look like this :

log_name = swift-proxy-server
log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
log_level = DEBUG

You need to add the proxy-logging filtering to the main pipeline

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = catch_errors healthcheck cache authtoken swiftauth proxy-logging
proxy-server

Then you need to activate the filter , adding this section at the end of
the config

[filter:proxy-logging]
use = egg:swift#proxy_logging

That should be enough, of course you need to configure your syslog to route
your logs wherever you want, for example in out /etc/rsyslog.d/ , we create
an 10-swift.conf , with this content :)

local0.*;local0.!notice /var/log/swift/proxy.log
local0.notice           /var/log/swift/proxy.error
local0.*

Best

Lean
Mercadolibre Cloudbuilders