Re: [Openstack-dev][Sheepdog]Add a new driver for OpenstackCinder like Sheepdog volumes

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM, 张家龙 <zhangjl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe,you need to modify the nova/virt/libvirt.xml.template.In our tesing of
> nova and sheepdog,

Hi Zhang jia long,

What are the functions of libvirt.xml.template? Currently, we just
wanna to add a new
block driver(a new one as the same as sheepdog driver) to Openstack Cinder ;-)
The performances will be enhenced later.

[...]
> Hi Morita and other developers,
>
> If i add a QEMU/Libvirt driver(the same as Sheepdog volumes driver in
> Openstack Cinder branch) to let Openstack Cinder support a new block-level
> storage system, I should change following stuffs, right?
>
> 1, Add a driver file to the dir in Openstack Cinder branch(the same as
> sheepdog.py),
>       https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/cinder/volume/drivers
> 2, Change the file in Openstack Nova branch(Let libvirt attach HLFS volumes
> to QEMU, the same as sheepdog),
>
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py
>
> Do I should change/add any other files for Openstack? Cloud anyone give me
> some suggestions?    Thanks in advance ;-)

Hi Openstack developers and Sheepdog developers,

I also have following questions, please give me some suggestions.
Thanks in advance ;-)

1, The libvirt codes in Nova branch are just interfaces which call the
standard Libvirt library, right?
(Or the libvirt codes in Nova branch are the standard Libvirt library.)

2, If i add a new block storage driver for Openstack by QEMU/Libvirt
way, should i also modify standard libvirt library and QEMU source
codes to let them support this new driver so that i can use this new
driver to let libvirt attach the new driver volumes to QEMU in Openstack?

3, Certainly, i should also do following stuffs.

     a, Add a driver file to the dir in Openstack Cinder branch(the same as
         sheepdog.py),
        https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/cinder/volume/drivers
     b, Change the file in Openstack Nova branch(Let libvirt attach
the new driver
         volumes to QEMU, the same as sheepdog),
        https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py

4, Should i have to do any other stuffs?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei