Infiniband + OpenStack.

Hi.

I'm considering a reasonably sized OpenStack deployment shortly (several
thousand cores). One of the decisions I need to make centres around the
type of interconnect I will use to connect the compute nodes, Swift object
storage, shared storage, swift proxies et al.

I have been heavily considering FDR infiniband for this task, but, from
what I can see, IB has only recently become something one might consider
stable for use in OpenStack. My peers are suggesting to me that I should
just stick with 10GbE interconnects and be happy.

I'd like to hear the experiences of people who have or are using IB, or who
have experiences with IB deployments.

Thank you.

--z