Re: multiple public ip

"The doc cited explains how this works with Quantum, but not with
Openstack."
-As of Folsom, you have the option of using Quantum for networking or Nova
Network and I believe Nova network will eventually be deprecated.

"VM1 is shown as being accessible via two VNICs, that implies that their is
a Hypervisor that is available by two NICs"
-There can be any number of vNICs while using just one physical NIC. Each
port created in quantum is a vNIC. However the illustration showed 3
physical NICs all of which could have been on a single hypervisor or each
on it sown hypervisor.

Looks like we are deviating from the original question which was posed by
Umar.

Regards,
Balu