Hardcoding of requests in client

Hi,

So during our regular package builds we been noticing a lot of failures due to requests being hardcoded to <1.0. An example of this is the following (for glance) can be found at:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1616835/

This is due to python-keystoneclient having a hard dependency of requests >=0.8.8,<1.0. I would like to propose that we update the dependencies for the clients to at least >=1.0. Most Linux distros for example, Ubuntu, are using requests 1.1. Making glance and python-keystoneclient not intsallable on the same system on raring.

I would like to propose a transition to allow at least requests 1.1 since that is the latest version according to pypi and most linux distros will be migrating to that sooner or later.

Thoughts comments, flaming arrows?

chuck

Follow ups