Re: How to generate an API key

Hi Emilio,

This isn't exactly a Zenoss list, but look under Usage on this page:
https://github.com/zenoss/ZenPacks.zenoss.OpenStack

The above page doesn't clearly explain the versions of different APIs from
different services. From OpenStack's release perspective for Folsom, the
Identity API is currently v2 and the Compute API is currently v2 (which is
identical to v1.1). So I'm not sure from the Zenoss perspective what API
they are providing support for.

In the OpenStack docs, this page explains more about tokens and API keys.
API keys are typically given by a particular provider. Tokens are handed
out by Keystone, the Identity service under the OpenStack umbrella.
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/programmer/content/getting-the-keys-to-the-kingdom.html

This page describes the process of obtaining a token.
http://docs.openstack.org/api/quick-start/content/index.html#Getting-Credentials-a00665

Hope this helps.
Anne