From: openstack-bounces+gabriel.hurley=nebula.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+gabriel.hurley=nebula.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Chavez
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:54 PM
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openstack] Horizon & Keystone & Nova miscommunication

It seems that nova and horizon are not communicating on my controller node.  Acces and security objects created with nova are not seen by Horizon and vice versa.  This includes key pairs and secgroup rules.  For example, if I create a keypair with the nova client, it isn't visible in horizon, and if I create one in horizon it is not visible via the nova client.

Possibly related: VMs that I create, whether via the nova client or Horizon, are not shown with I run "nova list".  The nova-api.log shows a successful servers-detail query, but it comes back empty.

Also possibly related: Although I have all my services and endpoints configured correctly, I can't get individual endpoint detail with "endpoint-get".  What's more, I see this error in Horizon's error log:

[Sun Feb 17 07:02:50 2013] [error] EndpointNotFound: Endpoint not found.
[Sun Feb 17 07:06:55 2013] [error] unable to retrieve service catalog with token

This matches what I get when I run:

$ keystone endpoint-get --service nova
Endpoint not found.

But that can't be because "endpoint-list" shows all six endpoints I created and all the information seems correct in the database:

mysql> select * from endpoint where service_id ='9e40d355b49342f8ac6947c497df76d2'\G
        id: 922baafde75f4cffa7dbe7f57cddb951
    region: RegionOne
service_id: 9e40d355b49342f8ac6947c497df76d2
     extra: {"adminurl": "http://192.168.241.100:35357/v2.0";, "internalurl": "http://192.168.241.100:5000/v2.0";, "publicurl": "http://10.21.164.75:5000/v2.0"}
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from service where id ='9e40d355b49342f8ac6947c497df76d2'\G
   id: 9e40d355b49342f8ac6947c497df76d2
 type: identity
extra: {"description": "OpenStack Identity", "name": "keystone"}
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Please please please help me.  My boss is giving my project the ax on Monday if I can't get this to work.

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez