Re: [Swift]A design draft of Storage Quota

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 21:09 +0100, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell
> <kevin.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'll also point out Boson: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Boson and
> > https://github.com/klmitch/boson with some initial work.  Unfortunately,
> > I'm not able to work on Boson at the moment due to higher-priority
> > tasks…
>
> From a quick look of it why can't we do the same as Boson without
> synaps[1]+ceilometer+swift_container_update. I don't know very well
> those but from the look of it you could have synaps generating alerts
> based on resources collection from ceilometer and set the enforcement
> using the native service mechanism?

I do not understand your question.  Quotas have nothing to do with
notifications, as far as I understand it; quotas limit the maximum
amount of a given resource a given user can have, while ceilometer just
notifies other consumers about actions, right?
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>