Re: Cant ping private or floating IP

Le 20/02/2013 23:04, Chathura M. Sarathchandra Magurawalage a écrit :
Thanks.

    I would be more concerned about the SIOCDELRT error above. Do you
    try to manually remove a network route at bootup ? Seems like the
    'route del' is failing because the route is not already existing.

I am not doing doing anything that I am aware of.

    As already said, you absolutely need VNC support for
    investigating. Could you please fix your VNC setup which is
    incorrect ?

But VNC works fine. Its just that it VM hangs on the boot up it wont come to the log in prompt, I can't log into it. :(

Ahuh. Sorry for bugging you, I haven't understand : is your VM failing to boot up ?
Which distro is your VM based on ?

From my POV, your console.log is fine : your VM is booting, getting DHCP lease, trying to contact metadata server, failing to contact it, and that's it. You should get a prompt when logging in thru VNC.

Please clarify : either the VM is failing to boot up properly (and then try to find a small and cloud-out-of-the-box distro like CirrOS for testing, or try with runlevel 3 or interactive startup), or your VM is properly started without network connectivity (and then you have to login and try more diagnostic tools like ping/tcpdump).

Thanks,
-Sylvain