MySQL and Iptables

Hi all.

I run two compute nodes in one of my clusters and everything is generally
fine. All the management services (mysql dashboard etc) run on compute1 and
compute2 runs nova-network and nova-compute.

However, after a period of time something happens with (I presume) iptables
and then compute2 can't get to the MySQL database. It is fine if I reboot
it, but that is very much not optimal.

The errors I'm seeing are:
2013-02-28 13:33:16 WARNING nova.db.sqlalchemy.session
[req-028ed124-fb88-457b-9aed-222d4847adca None None] SQL connection failed.
7 attempts left.

If I try to telnet to the MySQL port I get:
root@compute2:/etc/nova# telnet 10.0.80.10 3306
Trying 10.0.80.10...

But that RST isn't coming from the host with the database on, it looks to
be generated by IPtables on the localhost.

Anyone know what is causing this?

Kind regards

 -- joe.