Are the Python APIs public or internal?

Here's an issue that came up in the operators doc sprint this week.

Let's say I wanted to write some Python scripts using the APIs exposed
by the python-*client packages. As a concrete example, let's say I wrote a
script that uses the keystone Python API that's exposed in the
python-keystoneclient package:

https://github.com/lorin/openstack-ansible/blob/master/playbooks/keystone/files/keystone-init.py

Are these APIs "public" or "stable"  in some meaningful way? (i.e., can I
count on this script still working across minor release upgrades)? Or
should they be treated like "internal" APIs that could be changed at any
time in the future? Or is this not defined at all?

Lorin

Follow ups