Re: [openstack-dev][block migration] How to test kvm block migration feature?

On 1 March 2013 18:59, Qinglong.Meng <mengql112233@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      I want to make testing about openstack(release F) block migration
> based KVM. But I don't any usefully configure doc. it's only about based
> XEN.
>      here is the org doc:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-migrations.html

I think the section headed "Block Migration" is incorrectly nested under
"XenServer", or there should also be a "Block Migration" section under
"KVM-Libvirt". Also missing are the nova flags you should have:
block_migration_flag=VIR_MIGRATE_UNDEFINE_SOURCE, VIR_MIGRATE_PEER2PEER,
VIR_MIGRATE_NON_SHARED_INC, VIR_MIGRATE_LIVE
That, along with the other changes mentioned in the section (obviously
excluding shared storage), should give you live block-migration.

--
Cheers,
~Blairo