Re: Are the Python APIs public or internal?

Thank you for the clarification. I must have found a branch that had been abandoned and not the project as a whole.

Mark

From: Dolph Mathews [mailto:dolph.mathews@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 10:04 AM
To: Dean Troyer
Cc: Miller, Mark M (EB SW Cloud - R&D - Corvallis); Lorin Hochstein; openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Are the Python APIs public or internal?

+1; keystoneclient is not deprecated nor has openstackclient been abandoned.

The responsibility of implementing a CLI is simply being handed off to openstackclient. Using 'keystone' on the CLI will therefore be deprecated at some point in favor of using 'openstack'.

-Dolph

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:dtroyer@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Miller, Mark M (EB SW Cloud - R&D -
Corvallis) <mark.m.miller@xxxxxx<mailto:mark.m.miller@xxxxxx>> wrote:
> I have a question about the keystone client. You just mentioned
> keystoneclient.v3. I was under the impression that the keystone client was
> going to be deprecated and replaced by the openstackclient. However, when I
> checked yesterday I noticed that the openstackclient was listed as
> "abandoned". Are you saying that an updated version of the keystoneclient
> will shortly be made available for V3? If so, would you please post the URL
> for the project?
Where is openstackclient marked abandoned?  It is still under
development, albiet at a slower pace than I'd like.  It is meant to be
a single CLI for OpenStack that leverages the libraries provided by
the individual project clients. So it uses the keystoneclient python
libs but not the cli/shell bits.

dt