Re: 2012.2.1 missing several nova dependency packages.

On 03/01/2013 11:42 AM, Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:

Im trying to install the nova packages from the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS folsom archives, but some of the required dependencies are no longer available.

My sources.list file has this entry:

deb http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise-updates/folsom main

If I remove that entry, I can get the 2012.1.3 release and it will work, but why is it not in the 2012.2.1 tree?

Thanks,

  Wyllys

$ sudo apt-get install python-nova

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

python-cinderclient python-cliff python-cmd2 python-novaclient python-paramiko

  python-pyparsing python-quantumclient

python-cinderclient python-cliff python-cmd2 python-nova python-novaclient

  python-paramiko python-pyparsing python-quantumclient

0 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

Need to get 3,121 kB/4,679 kB of archives.

After this operation, 26.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Err http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/folsom/main python-nova all 2012.2.1+stable-20121212-a99a802e-0ubuntu1.1~cloud0

  404  Not Found

Failed to fetch http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nova/python-nova_2012.2.1+stable-20121212-a99a802e-0ubuntu1.1~cloud0_all.deb 404 Not Found

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

An update (2012.2.1+stable-20121212-a99a802e-0ubuntu1.2~cloud0) was pushed out in the last few hours that supersedes (and expires) the package you're attempting to download. Run apt-get update before installing and apt should pull the correct version. You might find http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/cloud-archive/folsom_versions.html useful in the future.

HTH,
Adam