Re: [Swift]A design draft of Storage Quota

I already posted this over in dev but thought I'd tie off this thread too.

I've just proposed a design summit session with the description below. I sincerely hope anyone interested in quotas will attend. Please have a look at the etherpad to see what's already been done.

"The quota situation is getting out of control. There are already a number of quota implementations for Swift. I expect that Glance will get its own implementation of quotas next followed closely by Quantum and probably Cinder. Each service will have its own implementation and different API to boot. This is definitely suboptimal.

We need centralized quotas, otherwise it will become an operations nightmare.

This session will be focused on how that goal can be achieved and who would be willing and able to contribute to it.

I've started an Etherpad at https://etherpad.openstack.org/HavanaCentralizedQuotas for this session and to track the existing efforts on quotas. Feel free to add any implementations I've missed.

To keep the session focused we won't be discussing Nova quotas. If we can nail down a way forward for centralized quotas, perhaps one day we can roll Nova quotas into it."

Regards,
Everett