Re: Dashboard login page doesn't show up

On 03/12/2013 11:20 AM, Ashutosh Narayan wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to install dashboard as per instructions mentionedhere
> <http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/installing-openstack-dashboard.html>.
> First of all |/etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py file doesn't|
> exist instead |/etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings is present.|
> Second, file name |/etc/sysconfig/memcached.conf is not present|
> instead I see |/etc/sysconfig/memcached file.|

Indeed, the local_settings is the right file; that's a typo in the docs.

What is shown? Do you see an error? Is the webserver running? lsof -i is
your friend. What about firewall rules? Did you enable access, if not
running on localhost?

In the docs, the hint to visit http://192.168.206.130/horizon on RHEL is
plainly wrong.

The dashboard can be found under http://<ip-address>/dashboard