Re: Tempest for Integration testing of Openstack (FOLSOM)

On 03/12/2013 12:55 AM, Girija Sharan wrote:
> Hi Masayuki,
>
> Thanks a lot for your early response.
>
> I am using Openstack Folsom and not Devstack.
>
> I am not getting how to integrate Tempest for Folsom. As you mentioned
> there is tempest.conf.sample file but in that there is a field which
> requires path to nova source directory (source_dir = /opt/stack/nova).
> What path I have to give for Folsom setup?

That part of the configuration file is for whitebox tests. If you are
running Tempest on a controller node that has the Nova API service
installed on it, set the value to the location of the Nova source code.
If you leave it as-is the whitebox tests will simply be skipped.

> Is
> this  https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/stable/folsom/etc/tempest.conf.sample file
> for Folsom ?

Yes, whatever is in the folsom stable branch is intended for execution
against Folsom OpenStack deployments.

Best,
-jay