Re: Ubuntu archive no longer resolves on UEC images

On 13 March 2013 03:04, Sam Morrison <sorrison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When booting up a UEC image on our cloud cloud-init writes the apt sources file with:
>
> http://<availability-zone>.clouds.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
>
> Today all of a sudden this doesn't resolve to anything.
>
> I note that http://<availability-zone>.cloud.archive.ubuntu.com does (cloud not clouds)
>
> I'm guessing there has been some change in the Ubuntu DNS servers that has broken this and it will be affecting all UEC images that use cloud-init in any cloud.
>
> Anyone from ubuntu know what's up?
>
> Cheers,
> Sam

Hi Sam,

I've been looking into this, and it seems that clouds.* was a new
subdomain which went live last night. Cloud-init was already prepared
to support this, but the new subdomain didn't support wildcard (where
wildcard is your declared region name).

This has now been resolved.  Please let me know if you see any further
issues with this.

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,