Re: error starting quantum agent

The logs should provide also the reason for the failure you are reporting.
If you're using rootwrap, one thing I'd very is that ovs-vsctl is in
your filter list.
You should have something like the following:

ovs-vsctl: CommandFilter, /bin/ovs-vsctl, root
ovs-vsctl_usr: CommandFilter, /usr/bin/ovs-vsctl, root
ovs-vsctl_sbin: CommandFilter, /sbin/ovs-vsctl, root
ovs-vsctl_sbin_usr: CommandFilter, /usr/sbin/ovs-vsctl, root

in  /etc/quantum/rootwrap.d/openvswitch-plugin.filters (actual
location might vary).

Also, executing the command on the shell and reading the output might
help (this command does not alter the state of OVS configuration, so
it's fine).

Salvatore