User permissions on openstack compute nodes

Hi,

Could anyone please point me to a specification of user permissions
that OpenStack Nova requires when deployed on a compute node?

The installation
manual<http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/manual-ubuntu-installation.html>
directly
states that sudo/root permissions are required.

My question is, beyond installation of packages, are there any reasons for
Nova to be deployed within a user with root access on the compute nodes?

What I'm after is understanding whether a minimalistic set only consisting
of necessary user permissions (file access,etc) can be created for the user
that runs Nova
(hoping that the list will be a subset of the root's permissions).

cheers,
/Nicoae.