TC candidacy

Hi. I'd like to run for the TC Spring 2013 election. I am a senior
software engineer at Rackspace in their OpenStack group, and have
worked in a variety of "cloud devops" roles for the last seven years.
I think my operations experience gives me an interesting perspective
into where OpenStack should be going in the next few years.

My basic platform is the same as for the Nova PTL election [1] -- I
think we need to get better at closing bugs, and selecting defaults
which work "out of the box" for OpenStack deployers. We are blessed
with a very engaged user community, and we need to focus us much as
possible on giving new users a good experience.

I am an active Nova and Oslo core reviewer and frequently appear in
the top ten contributors for Nova in a given month. I am a very active
code reviewer, especially for Nova. I am also serve on the OpenStack
Vulnerability Management Team. I strongly believe in the future of
OpenStack and want to be part of that success in any way I can. For
the last two years my non-OpenStack open source contributions have
mainly been as Director for linux.conf.au 2013, which was the largest
OpenStack event to be run in Australia so far.

Thanks,
Michael

1: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-March/006417.html

Follow ups