Re: [Glance][Image-Create][OZ]

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Jiang Jim <jiangwt100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> found miss cmdline section in the instance i launch by qcow2. When I add it
> to libvirt, I can add output to /dev/ttyS0. Is qcow2 images can not out put
> the system log while ami does?

It has nothing to do with the image format and everything to do with
(as you found) the command line options baked into the image.  Plus
the grub configuration if you are using and expect to see the grub
menu.

My normal tactic is to:
* add this to the kernel command line (usually in Fedora kickstart files):
  console=tty console=ttyS0
* set in /etc/default/grub:
  GRUB_TERMINAL=console
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=console=ttyS0 console=tty
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=console=ttyS0

dt
--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer@xxxxxxxxx