DHCP lease not accepted when libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true

I'm doing a Folsom deployment with FlatDHCP (not multihost).

When I try to boot a quantal image, the instance doesn't pick up the DHCP
lease. I've confirmed that dnsmasq is sending out the DHCPOFFER, and I can
see by tcpdump on the compute host that the DHCP packets are making it to
the vnet0 interface.

Note that I tried adding this iptables rule as mentioned here <
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/issues/14>,
but that didn't resolve it.

    iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -p udp --dport 68 -j CHECKSUM
--checksum-fill

However, the problem goes away if I change this setting on the compute
hosts in /etc/nova/nova.conf

    libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true

to:

   libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=false

Anybody know what would cause this?

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 with the cloud-archive packages, with KVM as the
hypervisor

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein