Re: DHCP lease not accepted when libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Nathanael Burton <
nathanael.i.burton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Lorin Hochstein <lorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm doing a Folsom deployment with FlatDHCP (not multihost).
>>
>> When I try to boot a quantal image, the instance doesn't pick up the DHCP
>> lease. I've confirmed that dnsmasq is sending out the DHCPOFFER, and I can
>> see by tcpdump on the compute host that the DHCP packets are making it to
>> the vnet0 interface.
>>

>> Note that I tried adding this iptables rule as mentioned here <
>> https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/issues/14>,
>> but that didn't resolve it.
>>
>>     iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -p udp --dport 68 -j CHECKSUM
>> --checksum-fill
>>

>> However, the problem goes away if I change this setting on the compute
>> hosts in /etc/nova/nova.conf
>>
>>     libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true
>>
>> to:
>>
>>    libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=false
>>

>> Anybody know what would cause this?
>>

>> I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 with the cloud-archive packages, with KVM as the
>> hypervisor
>>

>> You didn't restart nova-network without killing and restarting dnsmasq,
> did you?
>
> Nate

Of course not! (Well, maybe...). But just tried again, killing dnsmasq and
restarting nova-network doesn't seem to help. I'm guessing the issue is
confined to the compute node, and since I'm not running multihost, I don't
think I even need to restart nova-network each time I make a virtio-related
change on the compute node...

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein