Openstack : working without ephemeral disk, only persistance cinder "bootable" volume.

Hello,

I'm working about an openstack cloud architecture. Well I'd like to
work only with persistance volume.

My hypervisor (compute node) will only have a small sized system disk
(flash cache, usb key, something like this).
And I will have a NetApp SAN for iSCSI, controlled by cinder.

I presume i will have about 20-40 nova profiles.

Well so have you got any exemple of working with  bootable volume ?
What will be the best methode ?
How to easy  handle and create bootable volume from multiple différent
 OS ? And in OpenStack Folsom  the cinder "copy_id_image_to_volume"
doesnt work ...

Thank you in advance !

Regards,
--