Re: Making networking decision on new OpenStack install

The Quantum administration guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-network/admin/content/

That is your best bet. It's very thorough and covers both installation, and
administration. It also goes over a number of example scenarios.

Nova-network still works well for a single flat network, other than that,
Quantum is probably the better choice.