How to resize an instance if the image was deleted from glance?

Hi,
I'm trying to resize an instance but it fails with:
ERROR: The resource could not be found. (HTTP 404) (Request-ID: req-37976706-cb02-46df-b7d8-11ceb96da63f)

This is because nova expects the image is in glance to do the migration/resize.
If an image is removed from glance we can't resize/migrate the instances that are using that image.

In this scenario can we consider copy not only the "delta" but also the base image to the new compute node?
Or convert it to raw and copy this image file?

thanks,
Belmiro