Re: CY13-Q1 Community Analysis — OpenStack vs OpenNebula vs Eucalyptus vs CloudStack

Qingye Jiang (John) wrote:
> I saw Jay's suggestion on removing review.openstack.org from the git domain analysis. Can you shed some light on how this system works? Is this system shadowing more real code contributors?

"Merge commits" are created in git history when branches are merged.
They appear as having two parent commits. In OpenStack, our Gerrit
review system automatically creates them when merging into master, so
jenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx appears as the author of all of them.

Other projects include those as well (see
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack/commit/987604216728aa42756c55290495ad55b7449cf3
or
https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucalyptus/commit/df0432f2c5319b1e41122755b701ddab9b802852),
but they appear under the name of the person who manually pushed them.

So I would just go with Jay's suggestion and exclude the
review.openstack.org domain from the domain analysis.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack