Re: Security concern with vncserver_listen 0.0.0.0 and multi_host

No you aren't missing something, a firewall would be probably be enough if
we didn't change nova :P I also feel that #2 is too drastic now, but #1
should be done I guess.

I didn't mention something before about why we can't use a firewall for
this: We did some dirty changes to enable spice and disabled auto_port for
both vnc and spice, so people can access their virtual machines using spice
with a password on a specific port. The company I work for was already
using this since the E version and in our next version we will start to use
the official spice implementation of openstack. Our current version has
possible bugs also.

Disabling all ports isn't an option in our current state because we still
want to enable spice. We currently have a prefixed range of ports reserved
for spice 30000 to 40000 that should be accessible from the outside. Those
parts may be used by VNC and/or spice currently (We have disabled autoport
of vnc and spice and let them use the prefixed range).