Re: Grizzly official packages

BTW, I used to add Ubuntu Cloud Archives (Folsom sub dir) to my regular
hypervisors (only with KVM - no Nova, no OpenStack), to get new versions of
libvirt and use it with virt-manager.

But, now, with UCA for Grizzly, there a libvirt version 1.0.2 and, when I
tried to create a LVM LV trough virt-manager (details -> storage -> lvm ->
new volume), I'm getting this:

----
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg01/raring-disk0
  VG Name                vg01
  LV UUID                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  LV Write Access        read/write
  *LV snapshot status     active destination for
/dev/vg01/raring-disk0_vorigin ???*
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                X.XX GiB
  Current LE             2500
  COW-table size         4.00 MiB
  COW-table LE           1
  Allocated to snapshot  0.20%
  Snapshot chunk size    4.00 KiB
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           252:8
----

Instead of this (previous libvirt):

----
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg01/raring1-disk0
  VG Name                vg01
  LV UUID                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                X.XX GiB
  Current LE             1250
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           252:7
----

 The main problem is, after a system reboot and lots of failures, I'm
getting this:

----
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg01/raring-disk0
  VG Name                vg01
  LV UUID                XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  LV Write Access        read/write
  *LV snapshot status     INACTIVE destination for
/dev/vg01/bank2-disk0_vorigin ??????*
  LV Status              NOT available
  LV Size                5.86 GiB
  Current LE             1500
  COW-table size         4.00 MiB
  COW-table LE           1
  Snapshot chunk size    4.00 KiB
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
----

 LOGICAL VOLUME GONE!! VM CONTENTS LOST AFTER REBOOT!

 Maybe this is a problem only when using new libvirt 1.0.2 with
virt-manager 0.9.3 from Ubuntu LTS, and it does not affect Grizzly... Don't
know yet...

 Anyway, I'm just reporting it here to spread this info.

 Someone here knows how to fix this? I mean, probably the new libvirt is
creating the LV as a broken snapshots instead of regular LV? If so, maybe I
should ask on libvirt-users instead...

 I'm downgrading all my regular hypervisors to UCA Folsom (previous
libvirt).

 Sorry about the buzz (or a bit off-topic)...

Best,
Thiago