Re: Keystone Woes

On 2013-04-13, at 1:24 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like you're doing everything correctly, except OS_PASSWORD is *NOT* the same thing as the static admin_token in keystone.conf.

You're right, actually. I DID use the admin_token for OS_PASSWORD. I'll definitely be fixing that. But as long as the password is set and referenced properly it shouldn't matter what it is, I would hope.

> Passwords are user-specific attributes created using the --pass argument on user-create for example. You may have set it to be the same as keystone.conf's admin_token, but I necessarily wouldn't recommend that. If you don't know what your password was, you probably need to delete your admin user and recreate it with a known password, and then grant it your admin role again.

The keystone_data.sh script did this correctly, using the ADMIN_PASSWORD I set at the top of the script. That password happened to be the admin_token, but again, as long as it's set properly it shouldn't make a difference. As I mentioned, I think I'll fix that anyway, just to take it out of the equation.

Thanks for the response!
Daniel