Re: usability of putting host in maintenance mode in Nova

Hi Alex,

I would like to have REST API in the end, which I can make this by clicking
on a web.

But in short term, a nova-manage script sounds good. Because the REST API
may be harder to debug. And by using nova-manage we can prove these action
(put-into-maintenance, evacuate, migrate, etc.) really work in host-failed
situation. And make these action more robust. Then we can think up some
helpful REST API to combine all these steps to recover an VM.

What do you think?