is this normal / is there a workaround

so I have a grizzly/quantum/ovs/gre setup that currently only has the 1 extra external IP
for a single tenant network. Its assigned to the quantum router so the VMs dont have
external floating IPs. Once Im given them by networking they will.
But in the mean time the only way I can get to the VMs is either a vnc window
or via a command like:

ip netns exec qrouter_id ssh VM_IP

which of course works but a non-root user cant execute the above 'ip...' command.

is this all normal?
is there a way that an actual normal user can ssh into the normal VMs?

thanks

 Steve Heistand                           NASA Ames Research Center
 SciCon Group                             Mail Stop 258-6
 steve.heistand@xxxxxxxx  (650) 604-4369  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
 "Any opinions expressed are those of our alien overlords, not my own."

# For Remedy                        #
#Action: Resolve                    #
#Resolution: Resolved               #
#Reason: No Further Action Required #