Should we discourage KVM block-based live migration?

In the docs, we describe how to configure KVM block-based live migration,
and it has the advantage of avoiding the need for shared storage of
instances.

However, there's this email from Daniel Berrangé from back in Aug 2012:
http://osdir.com/ml/openstack-cloud-computing/2012-08/msg00293.html

"Block migration is a part of the KVM that none of the upstream developers
really like, is not entirely reliable, and most distros typically do not
want to support it due to its poor design (eg not supported in RHEL).

It is quite likely that it will be removed in favour of an alternative
implementation. What that alternative impl will be, and when I will
arrive, I can't say right now."

Based on this info, the OpenStack Ops guide currently recommends against
using block-based live migration, but the Compute Admin guide has no
warnings about this.

I wanted to sanity-check against the mailing list to verify that this was
still the case. What's the state of block-based live migration with KVM?
Should we say be dissuading people from using it, or is it reasonable for
people to use it?

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein