Re: Vm provision code flow in openstack

So, there are a few things which happen here. VM provisioning is handled by
the compute driver (checkout run_instance in nova/compute/manager.py).
Scheduling however is handled by the scheduler, which has a plugin system
(checkout nova/scheduler/*).

Also, you'd be better off browing git for the source code (
http://github.com/openstack/nova.git) instead of the system installed files.

Cheers,
Michael