Announcing Murano OpenStack project

At Mirantis within our customer and partner base we see growing demand to
deploy and run Windows based applications on OpenStack cloud. Today we are
pleased to announce the forthcoming Murano project, which is designed to
ease this process.  The main goal of this initiative is to create a native
OpenStack component that enables fast provisioning and operation of Windows
Environments on demand.
*
*
*

Murano:

   -

   is native to OpenStack
   -

   introduces an abstraction level for Windows Environments
   -

   supports Availability Zones and Disaster Recovery scenarios
   -

   uses native Windows features for HA solutions

Murano is an open-source initiative we initiated at Mirantis. We would
appreciate all of your feedback and comments as we head for release.
 Please check out these links for more information, source code, and so on.

Here are the key links:

* Project blueprint: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano

* Roadmap: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano/Roadmap

* API draft: http://murano.mirantis.com/content/ch04.html

* Sources: sources info <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano#More_info>

* Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/murano

* Quickstart: Installation Guide<http://murano.mirantis.com/content/ch05.html>

* Horizon screenshots: Horizon
screenshots<http://murano.mirantis.com/content/ch06.html>

To ask questions or make proposals, feel free to comment here, post a
message on the OpenStack mailing list, or  reach us on the #murano IRC
channel at freenode. Typically somebody from our team will be online in irc
from 6:00 to 20:00 UTC. You can also contact the Murano community directly
by sending an email  to murano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (please, note that your
email address should be registered in launchpad, otherwise your mail will
be ignored by the mailing system).

We will also be holding weekly public community meetings on
#openstack-meeting-alt
IRC channel Mondays at 18:00 UTC.

We are very excited about the Murano project, and as always welcome your
contributions, participation, and pull requests via github.*

Regards
--
Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Technical Program Manager,