Re: Nested Open vSwitch Bridges

Hi Joe,

are you using the OVS plugin with GRE overlays?
In that case your problem might be the fact that the plugin pushes a OVS
flow entry which applies the 'local' vlan tag only to packet directed to
the VM's mac [1]

To me, this does not look like a bug; it's probably intended behaviour, as
it kind of implements mac spoofing prevention. In the future we might also
expect stricter anti-spoof checking; on the other side a change
for administratively enabling promiscuos mode might be welcome - this
should allow you to do nested OVS.

Salvatore

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/quantum/blob/master/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/agent/ovs_quantum_agent.py#L448