Re: glance client not working

On 01.05.2013 20:34, Jay Pipes wrote:
On 05/01/2013 02:28 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Hi,
I'm currently working on setting up OpenStack using Ansible (after
giving up on Puppet) and have keystone running and Glance running.
The problem I now have is that the client doesn't seem to work:

[root@controller1 ~]# glance index
ID                                   Name                           Disk
Format          Container Format     Size
------------------------------------ ------------------------------
-------------------- -------------------- --------------
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
[root@controller1 ~]# glance image-list
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'
[root@controller1 ~]# glance image-create --name=cirros-0.3-x86_64
--is-public=true --container-format=bare --disk-format=qcow2 <
cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Unfortunately I don't get any meaningful error and the api and registry
logs don't show anything either despite debug=True.

Any ideas how I could find out what the problem is?

The problem is likely your image endpoint in the Keystone service catalog.

Ineed the endpoint variables in the ansible template weren't substituted due to a typo and after fixing this I no longer get the error and image-list and image-create now work as expected. Thanks!

What does `keystone service-catalog` show?

There is only a 'catalog' command and that throws an error:

[root@controller1 ~]# keystone catalog
WARNING: Bypassing authentication using a token & endpoint (authentication credentials are being ignored). Configuration error: Client configured to run without a service catalog. Run the client using --os-auth-url or OS_AUTH_URL, instead of --os-endpoint or OS_SERVICE_ENDPOINT, for example.

This is strange though because commands like "service-list" and "endpoint-list" work without any problem.
Any idea what is special about 'catalog' to show this behaviour?

Regards,
  Dennis